Are you a Canon PowerShot SX260 HS digital camera owner? Here is Canon PowerShot SX260 HS user manual / guide for you. This owner manual is available online and you can download it directly from Canon website. This manual comes in 246 pages of PDF document format (12.9 MB). This Canon PowerShot SX260 HS user guide contains any information and instructions how to operate the Canon PowerShot SX260 HS properly.
As described at Canon website, Canon PowerShot SX260 HS comes with these specification and features:
* LCD Monitor: 3.0 type color TFT LCD (Approx. 461,000 pixels)
* Image sensor: 1/2.3-inch CMOS
* Camera Effective Pixels: Approx. 12.1 megapixels
* Lens Focal Length:
– 20x zoom: 4.5 (W) – 90 (T) mm
– (35mm film equivalent: 25 (W) – 500 (T) mm)
* Zoom: 4x digital zoom
* File Formats: Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (version 1.1) compliant
* Still Images: Exif 2.3 (JPEG)
* Movies: MOV (H.264 video data, Linear PCM (stereo) audio data)
* GPS Log File: NMEA 0183 message format compliant SX260 HS
* Built-in Flash: Auto, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off
* Interfaces: Hi-speed USB, HDMI output, Analog audio output (stereo) and Analog video output (NTSC/PAL)
* Storage Media: SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
* Power: Battery Pack NB-6L, AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC40
* Dimensions (Based on CIPA Guidelines): 106.3 x 61.0 x 32.7 mm (4.19 x 2.40 x 1.29 in.)
* Weight (Based on CIPA Guidelines): Approx. 231 g
Before using this Canon PowerShot SX260 HS, you have to check the accessories supplied, such as Canon PowerShot SX260 HS digital camera, Battery Pack NB-6L (with terminal cover), battery charger CB-2LY/CB-2LYE, interface Cable IFC-400PCU, Digital Camera Solution Disk, Getting Started, wrist strap WS-DC11 and Warranty Card.
Device overview of Canon PowerShot SX260 HS digital camera:
3. Zoom lever
4. Power button
5. Shutter button
6. GPS antenna (SX260 HS)
10. Tripod socket
11. DC coupler terminal cover
12. Memory card/battery cover
13. Strap mount
14. Screen (LCD monitor)
15. Mode dial
16. AV OUT (Audio/video output) / DIGITAL terminal
17. HDMI terminal
18. Playback button
19. MENU button
20. DISP. (Display) button
21. Movie button
23. Exposure compensation / Up button
24. Macro / MF (Manual focus) / Left button
25. Control dial
26. FUNC./SET button
27. Flash / Right button
28. Self-timer / Single image erase / Down button
Quick operating guide and troubleshooting of Canon PowerShot SX260 HS at a glance:
Saving Images to a Computer:
1. Connect the camera to the computer.
2. Turn the camera on to access CameraWindow. Press the PLAY button to turn the camera on -> On a Macintosh computer, CameraWindow is displayed when a connection is established between the camera and computer. For Windows, follow the steps introduced below -> In the screen that displays, click the [Images] link to modify the program -> Choose [Downloads Images From Canon Camera using Canon CameraWindow] and then click [OK].
3. Save the images to the computer. Click [Import Images from Camera], and then click [Import Untransferred Images].
The lens is not retracted.
Do not open the memory card/battery cover while the camera is on. Close the cover, turn the camera on, and then turn it off again.
Strange display on the screen when shooting.
Note that the following display problems are not recorded in still images but are recorded in movies. The screen may flicker and horizontal banding may appear under fluorescent or LED lighting.
Shots are out of focus.
1. Press the shutter button halfway to focus on subjects before pressing it all the way down to shoot.
2. Make sure subjects are within focusing range.
3. Set [AF-assist Beam] to [On].
4. Confirm that unneeded functions such as macro are deactivated.
5. Try shooting with focus lock or AF lock.
Cannot transfer images to a computer.
When attempting to transfer images to the computer via a cable, try reducing the transfer speed as follows:
Press the PLAY button to enter Playback mode. Hold the MENU button down as you press the UP button and FUNC.SET buttons at the same time. On the next screen, press the LEFT/RIGHT buttons to choose [B], and then press the FUNC.SET button.
Memory card error.
If the same error message is displayed even when you have inserted a formatted memory card facing the correct way, contact a Canon Customer Support Help Desk.
To know more about complete quick operating guide of Canon PowerShot SX260 HS digital camera, you can download this Canon PowerShot SX260 HS user manual, or you can read the Canon PowerShot SX260 user manual online below:
Table contents of Canon PowerShot SX260 HS user manual:
- Preliminary Notes and Legal Information
– Part Names and Conventions in This Guide
– Basic Operations
– Safety Precautions
– Initial Preparations
– Trying the Camera Out
– Included Software, PDF Manuals
– Camera Basics
– Using GPS Function SX260 HS
– Smart Auto Mode
– Other Shooting Modes
– P mode
– Tv, Av, and M Mode
– Playback Mode
– Setting Menu
This Canon PowerShot SX260 HS user manual is available for FREE at Canon website, PDFuu.com merely collect the information, we neither affiliated with the author(s), the website and any brand(s) nor responsible for its content and change of content. (Read our disclaimer before you download the document from the website).