Samsung ML-2165W user manual / guide is now available online for download at Samsung website. This Samsung ML-2165W user guide comes in 331 pages in PDF file format with 11.8 MB in size. This Samsung ML-2165W manual will guide you how to use the Samsung ML-2165W correctly. As described at Samsug website, Samsung ML-2165W printer comes with these specification and features:
* Processor (MHz): 300MHz
* Memory: 32MB
* OS Compatibility: Windows 7 /Vista/XP/2008/2003/2000, Various Linux, Unix, Mac 10.4 and up
* Interface: Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Wireless 802.11 b/g/n
* Noise Level: Less than 50 dBA printing, Less than 26 dBA standby
* Duty Cycle, Monthly (Pages): 10,000 pages
* Print Speed (Black & White): Up to 21 ppm in Letter
* Print Resolution: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi effective output
* Duplex Printing: Manual
* Emulation: Samsung Printer Language (SPL)
* Input Capacity Paper Handling (Standard Cassette Tray): 150 Sheets
* Output Capacity: 100 Sheets
* Media Size: 3″ x 5″ – 8.5″ x 14″
* LCD: LED (Toner/Status)
* Power Consumption: Less than 1.2 W (standby mode), Less than 30 W (ready), Less than 310 W (Peak)
* Product Dimensions: 13.0″ x 7.0″ x 8.5″ (W x D x H)
* Product Weight: 8.8 lbs.
* Cartridge Type: 1-Piece Toner
* Cartridge Yield (Black): 1,500 Pages
* Black Toner Model Code: MLT-D101S
Before using this Samsung ML-2165W, you have to check the accessories supplied, such as power cord, software CD, handset, misc. accessories and quick installation guide.
Device overview of Samsung ML-2165W printer:
1. Scanner lid
2. Control panel
5. Tray handle
6. Output support
7. Output tray
8. Scanner glass
9. Scan unit
10. Inner cover
11. Toner cartridge
Quick operating guide of Samsung ML-2165W at a glance:
How to install the driver locally? Please follow the below instruction:
1. Make sure that the machine is connected to your computer and powered on.
2. Insert the supplied software CD into your CD-ROM drive. If the installation window does not appear, click Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> Run
X:\ Setup.exe replacing “X” with the letter, which represents your CD-ROM drive and click OK.
3. Select Install Now .
4. Read the License Agreement, and select I accept the terms of the License Agreement. Then, click Next.
5. Follow the instructions in the installation window.
Note: Installation for Macintosh and Linux is also available in this Samsung ML-2165W owner manual/guide.
To access the menu, follow the below instruction:
1. Select the Fax, Copy, or Scan button on the control panel depending on the feature to be used.
2. Select ( Menu) until the menu you want appears on the bottom line of the display and press OK.
3. Press the arrows until the needed menu item appears and press OK.
4. If the setting item has sub menus, repeat step 3.
5. Press OK to save the selection.
6. Press [X] (Stop/Clear) to return to the ready mode.
To set the paper size and type, follow the below instruction:
1. Select ( Menu) button on the control panel.
2. Press System Setup -> Paper Setup -> Paper Size or Paper Type.
3. Select the tray and the option you want.
4. Press OK to save the selection.
5. Press [x] (Stop/Clear) to return to ready mode.
To print a document, follow the below instruction:
1. Open the document you want to print.
2. Select Print from the File menu.
3. Select your machine from the Select Printer list.
4. The basic print settings including th e number of copies and print range are selected within the Print window.
5. To start the print job, click OK or Print in the Print window.
Troubleshooting of Samsung ML-2165W at a glance:
– Paper sticks together.
1. Check the maximum paper capacity of the tray.
2. Make sure that you are using the correct type of paper.
3. Remove paper from the tray and flex or fan the paper.
4. Humid conditions may cause some paper to stick together.
– The machine does not print.
1. The machine may be configured incorrectly -> Check the Printing Preferences to ensure that all of the print settings are correct.
2. The printer driver may be incorrectly installed -> Uninstall and reinstall the machine’s driver.
3. The machine is malfunctioning -> Check the display message on the control panel to see if the machine is indicating a system error. Contact a service representative.
4. The document size is so big that the hard disk space of the computer is insufficient to access the print job -> Get more hard disk space and print the document again.
5. The output tray is full -> Once the paper is removed from the output tray, the machine resumes printing.
– Blank copies print out.
Ensure that the original is face down on the scanner glass or face up in the document feeder. If these steps do not correct the problem, contact a service representative.
– The scanner does not work.
1. Make sure that you place the original to be scanned face down on the scanner glass, or face up in the document feeder.
2. There may not be enough available memory to hold the document you want to scan. Try the Prescan function to see if that works. Try lowering the scan resolution rate.
3. Check that the machine printer cable is connected properly.
4. Make sure that the machine printer cable is not defective. Switch the printer cable with a known good cable. If necessary, replace the printer cable.
5. Check that the scanner is configured correctly. Check scan setting in the SmarThru Office or the a pplication you want to use to make certain that the scanner job is being sent to the correct port (for example, USB001).
To know more about complete quick operating guide & troubleshooting of Samsung ML-2165W printers, you can download this Samsung ML-2165W user manual, or you can read the Samsung ML-2165W user manual online below:
Table contents of Samsung ML-2165W user manual:
– Safety information
– Control panel overview
– Installing the driver locally
– Reinstalling the driver
– Menu Overview and Basic Setup
– Machine’s basic settings
– Available maintenance parts
– Storing the toner cartridge
– Replacing the toner cartridge
– Setting the toner low alert
– Cleaning the machine
– Tips for moving & storing your machine
– Tips for avoiding paper jams
– Clearing original document jams
– Understanding the status LED
– Understanding display messages
– Regulatory information
This Samsung ML-2165W user manual is available for FREE at Samsung website, PDFuu.com merely collect the information, we neither affiliated with the author(s), the website and any brand(s) nor responsible for its content and change of content. (Read our disclaimer before you download the document from the website).
Download Samsung ML-2165W user manual.pdf (11.8 MB)